Crunchy Cheddar Tuna Bake
- 60g butter
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 750ml PURA Original or PURA Light Start
- 1 cup grated South Cape Vintage cheddar cheese
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 small carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/2 red capsicum, finely diced
- 200g (3 cups) small shell pasta, cooked
- 425g can tuna in spring water, drained
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste 200g Turkish pide bread
- 1 tablespoon grated South Cape Parmesan cheese
1. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, add flour stirring thoroughly for 1 minute. Add the milk stirring continuously until thickened. Add vegetables and simmer for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in the grated cheddar, pasta, tuna, parsley, lemon rind and seasonings. Place into a 1.5 litre capacity baking dish.
2. Roughly chop the pide bread to make chunky bread crumbs, sprinkle breadcrumbs and parmesan over the pasta mixture and bake at 200 degrees celsius for 25 minutes, or until bread crumbs are golden. Serve with a crisp green salad.